Founded in 1985, L’Observatoire Cetelem is an economic research and intelligence unit of the BNP Paribas Personal Finance group, headed by Flavien Neuvy.
In what is a time of deep transformation for retail and consumption models, L’Observatoire Cetelem strives to understand the changes affecting consumption. To fulfil this ambition, L’Observatoire Cetelem has set up a range of tools to observe and analyse the world around us, based on diverse and complementary content:
– The Observatoires: Two highly respected international consumer studies performed on an annual basis, one focusing on the automotive market (16 countries) and the other on consumption in general (17 countries).
– l’Œil, a spotlight on new developments in the retail sphereand on the latest initiatives highlighting the innovations and shifts that could shape consumption in the future.
- A weekly newsletter sent to subscribers
- A book « Le pouvoir des imaginaires » (published by Arkhê, May 2018)
– Our zOOms studies focus on lifestyles and explore a particular theme (housing, sport, education, culture, the human body, etc.) in three stages, by seeking the opinion of French citizens via a three-wave survey.
Flavien Neuvy, head of L’Observatoire Cetelem
Patricia Bosc, editorial manager & contents
BNP Paribas Personal Finance
BNP Paribas Personal Finance, which operates under the Cetelem brand, is the number one consumer credit provider in France and Europe: auto loans, point-of-sale credit, consumer loans, credit cards, home loans, etc.
With almost 20,000 employees in 25 countries and four continents, and close to €123 billion in outstandings managed at the end of 2011, BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the first multi-specialist bank with the capacity to offer a comprehensive range of loans as well as savings, contingency and insurance products. BNP Paribas Personal Finance is also a benchmark when it comes to Responsible Credit®