|3 out of 4 people are mindful of the environment.|
|7 out of 10 believe that cars are the leading cause of pollution.|
|1 in 2 are considering buying a hybrid car, 1 in 3 an electric car.|
|Only 1 in 5 consider the purchase of a car to be a significant expense.|
|For 9 out of 10 motorists, fuel is their main automotive expense.|
|1 in 2 opt for an alternative to driving because of the high cost of fuel.|
|6 out of 10 would prefer the government to lower taxes to boost purchasing power.|
|4 out of 10 drive less to reduce their vehicle running costs.|
|1 in 4 are considering ride sharing to reduce costs.|
- Emerging countries, millennials and urban dwellers are twice as likely to consider cars to be the leading source of pollution.
- There has been a major surge in hybrid and electric vehicle purchase intentions, especially in urban areas.
- Faced with high fuel costs, more millennials than seniors give up on using their cars.
- Seniors and rural populations are more in favour of lowering taxes to boost purchasing power.
- Ride sharing as a passenger is most common in the emerging countries and China.